Saturday, December 27, 2008

WHY???

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Have you ever heard anyone say this? I know I have many times and I have thought about it being true but I have never really thought about it as hard as I am tonight. This blog has been all about family for me and tonight my family is hurting. Tonight I am numb. Tonight I am faced with a tragedy. Christmas time is one of such love and joy but this year as we celebrated, as we opened presents, laughed with the kids and our families, ate tons of cookies and other holiday foods we did it but we did it with heavy hearts and wandering minds

We did it with heavy hearts and wandering minds because these pasts two weeks have been a blur. The reason is a very close friend of ours has been diagnosed with cancer. I say friend but as I have stated before, DNA doesn’t matter to me. She is a friend but to us Kylee is so much more. She is only 20 years old. She has not been sick. She is healthy and strong. How does this happen? I don’t know what to do other than pray and write so I can get some feelings out of my heart. I have been going through the motions of Christmas but now that the weekend is coming to a close I am beginning to feel the reality coming to the surface.


I now see that when cancer strikes you really don’t care why, you just want to know how to make it all go away. You just want to make the person better and see them get back to living their life the way they were. The why is no longer the concern but the cure certainly is. I have seen cancer many times. Paul's father was taken from him by leukemia before I knew him and being in healthcare I am not a stranger to what cancer is, but this is different. This time it is so much more personal. This time I find myself in a different role.

This time it is so much more painful and the feelings and questions are endless. We go from anger, to sobbing, to confidence, back to sobbing. It’s insane. I have never felt so many emotions all in one day. I have never prayed so hard or felt so close to God. There have been times through this experience when it felt like I was feeling Kylee’s pain. I trust in God and I know that he knows Kylee trusts in him. All I can do is pray. I do believe in the power of prayer. God has performed miracles and healed the sick and all I can do is ask that he do this for Kylee. I have been searching for some materials to give me strength and I found these quotes which I thought I would share. Also, I ask that if you would.. please remember Kylee in your prayers. Thank you.


Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

1 Peter 4:12-13,19
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed... So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good

Exodus 23:25
"So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you."




Ky and Araya take a snooze on the beach this summer.

No comments:

Finalization Day

Finalization Day
Here we are on finalization day. A journey that started only a little over a year ago closes today on February 13th, 2007 at the courthouse with Lisa our social worker. Lisa is an angel to our family. Our family is complete. We could not have done it without the help of God, and our friends and families. Thank you to all of our wonderful friends and to our supportive families who made this miracle come true.