Monday, November 10, 2008

Adoption Celebration November 9th, 2008

The adoption celebration was a great success. I want to express a big thank you to all of the families and children who came out to celebrate with us. I was overwhelmed with emotion and joy. It was especially heartwarming to see the children playing with each other and making new friends. I think we all had a great time talking with each other and sharing our stories. Then many of the kids enjoyed skating and bowling at the park. We also got some TV exposure when WTAJ showed up. I had called them and asked if they could come take some pictures of the event but I had no idea they would do an interview. They did show a clip and explained the event on the 11:00PM Sunday news. I also plan on submitting a picture to the Herald for a follow up story on how the event went. I haven't picked my photo yet but I think there is one at the craft table that will work! Oh that's what else the kids enjoyed. Many made their own crafts to take home with them.

I also want to thank Lisa Richards from SWAN and her family for taking the time to come celebrate with us. I know many of you really learned a lot from Lisa and I hope SWAN may even help some children find the families they have been waiting for. Thank you Lisa!!!

And also a HUGE thank you to Sandra Drenning for helping me with the food and park rental! And then to my volunteers of the day Tonia Grabill, Jalynne Cooney, Mandi and Steve Cottle and my sister in law Kathy Delozier. With out all of you this celebration would not have been such a success. I thank you all for being so special and for touching the lives of others. Oh yeah and Thank you Paul! My husband Paul also deserves a huge thank you for putting up with my ideas and letting me spend time organizing this event and our support group. Thank you honey. I love you!!

Now let me share the photos I have. If anyone has any other photos please send them to me or post on the blog!















1 comment:

Lisa Richards said...

Holly, Family and Friends,
Thank you so much for organizing such a great event!! My family and I had such a wonderful time.
It was so great to see so many awesome families! I loved meeting everyone and seeing how the families have blossomed. I was also excited to talk to so many families interested in adopting.

I hope we can do this every year!

If anyone would like to contact me for more info about adoption options, here is my info:
Lisa Richards, Adoption Caseworker
The Children's Aid Home Programs of Somerest County
P.O. Box 1195, Somerset, PA 15501
814.443.1637
E-Mail: lrichards@cahprogram.org

My co-worker is Misti Lehman if I am not in the office!

Thanks again!
Lisa Richards

Finalization Day

Finalization Day
Here we are on finalization day. A journey that started only a little over a year ago closes today on February 13th, 2007 at the courthouse with Lisa our social worker. Lisa is an angel to our family. Our family is complete. We could not have done it without the help of God, and our friends and families. Thank you to all of our wonderful friends and to our supportive families who made this miracle come true.